Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Waiting sucks!

I'm ashamed of myself. I'm such a bad blogger. My blog is so new and already I'm neglecting it. This might give me some insight into why we've had three dead hermit crabs in the past three months. In my defense, there hasn't been a whole heckuvalot to tell. I did start my glucophage tonight, so I'm excited about that. It feels like a step in the right direction. Although, it will be bizarre to have a period every month, rather than three times a year. Right now I'm waiting for November to get on K's (how's that for a super cool blog name for hubs?) insurance so we can get rolling on IVF. That gives me three whole months to research and prepare.

I go back to my RE in two weeks and I plan on begging him to let us try IUI while I wait. I don't think he's gonna go for it, but I figure it's worth a shot. I just feel like I need to be doing SOMETHING! K doesn't understand why I feel it necessary to have everything planned out as far as our "treatment" goes. I'm not sure I do either, but I suspect it has something to do with feeling in control of a situation that is so out of control.

In other news, we're going to see my parents this weekend. V. excited about that. Am leaving daughter (Ryann) with them for two weeks. She'll love it. K will be out of town for work for most of that time too, so I will be all alone. Well not entirely, I'll have my shar pei, Yoda and the most resilient hermit crab ever, Coco (short for Chris Brown Orange-do not scoff-I did not name him!), here to keep me company. I suspect the blog will be updated a bit more frequently in their absence. My SIL still hasn't had her baby. She and one of my MANY pregnant coworkers saw each other at the dr's office today. It's hard to understand, much less articulate how I feel about friends/family who are pregnant. Even though it breaks my heart a little, I can still be happy for them. I feel guilty. Guilty b/c I'm jealous. Guilty b/c I already have a daughter. Just guilty in general.

No comments: