Thursday, August 03, 2006

Welcome to the world little guy!

My nephew was born Tuesday. To be perfectly honest, I was nervous that my envy would be so overwhelming and transparent that I wouldn't be able to handle it. I'm proud to say that this wasn't the case at all. I don't know if it's because he's so freaking adorable or because he reminds me of possibilities and what is the light at the end of the tunnel of all of this infertility bullshit. For some reason, that normal jealousy that tends to creep up and smack me on the head was nowhere to be found. What a relief! I've been spending lots of time at the hospital with them and can't wait for the weekend so I can go smother him with more love and kisses.

Had a lovely trip to my parents house. We took along my other nephew, who loved life in the country. We went to a small town festival, swam and went to a drive-in movie. Reminds me of why I loved growing up in such a small town. Oh and would you believe that my SIL's L&D nurse just bought a house in my hometown? Such a small world, as it's about 7 hours from Houston and home to around 1000 people. It was so nice to spend time with my parents. They may very well be the coolest people in the world. My daughter is having a grand ole time with them and not missing me a bit. I, however, am missing she and K madly. Although it is nice to get take out and veg out a bit. I went to the library today and got something like seven books, five of which are related to IF. Cause nothin' says fun and relaxation like IF literature!

No comments: