Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Finnegan Begin Again

This is my gorgeous daughter on Awards Day. She won every conceivable (maybe not the best choice of words for a blog dealing with infertility) award EXCEPT for the conduct award. That's my girl! As a third grader, she scored post high school for language and 12th grade for spelling and overall at an 8th grade level. But to behave properly? That's just asking too much!


So my imaginary blog readers, you may or may not have noticed that I've been away? What's that? You've missed me? And I've missed you...wait a second...let go of my leg!!! (Shut up! This is my blog and if I want to pretend to have loyal if slightly stalkerish readers (or any readers at all, for that matter), then you can just let me have my moment!) Wow...that was really poor punctuation, wasn't it? So I don't know what happened. Maybe it was sharing the dirty little truth about my past and admitting that sometimes I feel insanely guilty for wanting another child, even though the one I have is as close to perfect as they come? Maybe it was the fact that there really hasn't been much to share on the infertility front in the past year as I've tried desparately to completely block it from my mind. I started a new job, and my new insurance just kicked in last month, so I haven't even been to the doctor or taken my glucophage in a long, long while. But now? I have baby fever again. Not that it ever really left. It didn't, as hard as I tried to block it out. My insurance still doesn't cover IVF. K's open enrollment is in November. My plan is to get on glucophage, get healthy and prepare as much as possible for IVF while I wait for November to roll around.

So it's great to be back! I'm really going to try to blog more, not only about infertility, but life in general. Because honestly? There's only so much you need to know about my va-jay-jay!

No comments: