Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My Mad Potter

I haven't an artistic bone in my body. But I thought it would be fun to spend some quality time with my daughter, so we spent Friday afternoon at The Mad Potter. Ry painted Patrick from Spongebob and I painted a birthday plate. We had such a great time that I think it is going to be a "thing" for us. Ry is such a daddy's girl, so it's fun to find things that she and I can do together. Sometimes the ache of secondary infertility is so overwhelming and painful to me that I forget to thank God for all of the blessings I already have. At the very top of that list would be my daughter. I feel so honored to mother such a beautiful, intelligent and articulate young lady. Sure she's a tomboy. Sure she's only nine and already has the whole tween angst vibe going on. Sure she's a bear in the morning. But all in all? She's amazing! She's just such a cool little person and I'm not saying that only because she's mine. When she earned $75 for good grades, she spent ALL of it on gifts for relatives. She loves animals, is exceptionally good with babies and small children. She's thoughtful and witty and a firecracker. When she felt that her 3 year old cousin was being favored and getting a lot more attention than she was, she wrote her dad a note that said, "Sometimes I feel like I'm a couch and he's a tv. Everyone sits on me and watches him." For a nine year old? That's deep! I have to love her, because she's my daughter. And I do love her fiercly. But to like her, too? It just doesn't get any better than that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister. (And she's gorgeous too!)

Jessica said...

Why thank you! I think so, too. Surely I'm not biased.